미시간대학교 산업공학 박사
인간공학, 작업 생체역학, 비만인을 위한 디자인, 디지털 인체모델링, 창의적 사고, 디자인 아이디어 창출방법론
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical, Industrial and Nuclear Engineering, University of Cincinnati
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Auburn University
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering, POSTECH
- M.S. in Industrial Engineering, POSTECH
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Operations Engineering, The University of Michigan
- My research aims to develop effective and efficient design methods for creating physical artifacts that not only perform their basic functions but also satisfy various human needs, including health, wellbeing, safety, productivity, comfort and convenience. It draws from existing research fields, such as ergonomics, biomechanics, computer-aided design and design innovation and combines them to create new design tools. My current research interests are: 1) smart digital human models for virtual ergonomic design and 2) ideation methods that support innovative design for satisfying human needs.
- I also have a special interest in improving, through design of physical artifacts, the quality of life for very large individuals (Body Mass Index [BMI] > 35) that represent a significant portion of the population in many countries worldwide. I study physical capabilities and limitations of large individuals and develop methods for utilizing such knowledge in the design of physical artifacts. The ultimate goal is to eliminate bad designs that hamper large individuals from enjoying happy and active lives. I call this idea “size-neutral design (SND).